The Cats Meow, Inc. via Crowdrise
October 16, 2014
The Cat's Meow Animal Rescue is an all-volunteer, 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, no-kill organization dedicated to the RESCUE, REHABILITATION and REHOMING of felines in the greater Los Angeles area.
Los Angeles city shelters are overflowing with homeless cats. Local euthanasia rates surpass 65% for cats and 90% for unweaned kittens. Last year alone, LA euthanized over 12,000 cats and dogs. Our goal is to help turn Los Angeles into a no-kill city.
To that end, The Cat's Meow rehomes over 200 cats and kittens annually. Prior to finding their forever homes, rescues receive in-home fostering for rehabilitation and socialization, as well as comprehensive medical care, including spay/neuter. In addition to pulling the highest-risk cats from shelters, we rescue felines from the streets to reduce the burden on local overcrowded shelters.
With your help, we can:
- Rescue cats from the 24-hour "red" euthanasia list at high-kill Los Angeles shelters.
- Arrange for spaying and neutering of stray cats around the greater Los Angeles area.
- Educate community members about the importance of spay/neuter through weekly adoption fairs and community events.
- Rehome our rescued cats into responsible and caring families.
- Provide life-saving medical care.
Every donation goes a long way:
- $10 covers a microchip for one of our rescues.
- $15 covers a flea treatment for one of our rescues.
- $25 covers food and litter for one of our rescues for a month.
- $40 covers a neuter for one of our rescues.
- $50 covers a spay for one of our rescues.
- $100 covers microchipping, vaccination, and FIV/FELV testing for one of our rescues.
- $150 covers all routine medical care for one of our rescues.
- $200 covers a special procedure, such as FIP work up or xrays, for one of our rescues.
All donations to the Cat's Meow are tax-deductible under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue code. Because we are an all-volunteer organization, every dollar donated goes directly to rescue, rehabilitation, and rehoming.
For more information, please visit us at http://www.thecatsmeowanimalrescue.org/