BENEFITING: The Cats Meow, Inc.
ORGANIZER: The Cats Meow, Inc.
The Cats Meow, Inc. wrote -
The Cat's Meow Animal Rescue is an all-volunteer, 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, no-kill organization dedicated to the RESCUE, REHABILITATION and REHOMING of felines in the greater Los Angeles area.
Los Angeles city shelters are overflowing with homeless cats. Local euthanasia rates surpass 65% for cats and 90% for unweaned kittens. Last year alone, LA euthanized over 12,000 cats and dogs. Our goal is to turn Los Angeles into a no-kill city.
To this end, The Cat's Meow rehomes over 200 cats and kittens annually. Prior to finding their forever homes, rescues receive in-home fostering for rehabilitation and socialization, as well as comprehensive medical care. All rescues are spayed and neutered prior to adoption to reduce overpopulation.
In addition to pulling the highest-risk cats from city shelters, The Cat's Meow rescues felines directly from the streets of Los Angeles to reduce the burden on local overcrowded shelters.
With your help, we can --
- Rescue cats from the 24-hour "red" euthanasia list at high-kill Los Angeles city shelters.
- Arrange for spaying and neutering of stray cats around the greater Los Angeles area.
- Educate community members about the importance of spay/neuter through weekly adoption fairs and community events.
- Rehome our rescued cats into responsible and caring families.
- Provide life-saving medical care to shelter and street cats.
All donations to the Cat's Meow are tax-deductible under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue code. Because we are an all-volunteer organization, every dollar donated goes directly to rescue, rehabilitation, and rehoming.
For more information, please visit us at http://www.thecatsmeowanimalrescue.org/