February 18, 2016
BENEFITING: CENTER FOR SEXUAL ASSAULT SURVIVORS
EVENT DATE: Mar 13, 2016
The Center for Sexual Assault Survivors has been a part of the Hampton Roads community since 1996. The Center provides free sexual violence and domestic violence services to survivors and their support system.
In addition to providing survivor services, The Center plays an active role in the reduction and elimination of sexual violence and domestic violence in our communities. we also serve on Sexual Assault Response Teams in each service area. We provide community education and awareness events, as well as deliver technical assistance and training to law enforcement, healthcare providers and other allied professionals.
We are asking our local community to support and sponsor a survivor, Savannah Alejandra Allison, who will be running in the One City Marathon, on behalf of The Center. What sponsorship from you and your organization may look like:
- Invite Savannah to your organization for a work-out session.
- Before work-out, the advocate accompanying Savannah will briefly talk about The Center for Sexual Assault Survivors, afterwards Savannah may then share her story.
- The survivor will then join your group for an hour work-out.
- The survivor will take a photo with your group, which will be placed on The Center’s website and social media page.
- After photos your group/organization may present The Center with any sponsorship.