Austin Dog Alliance has a mission to improve the health and well-being of individuals and families through programs incorporating the powerful connection between dogs and humans.
To achieve our mission we
- Provide service dogs for veterans and first responders.
- Implement animal assisted programs in nursing homes, hospitals and rehabilitation centers
- Enhance student reading skills by utilizing Bow Wow Reading Dog pet therapy teams at schools and libraries
- Provide a variety of fun and educational programs designed to build self-esteem and teach children to love and respect dogs
- Provide dog-related job training and placement for adults with disabilities.
- Carefully place trained rescued dogs into homes with special need family members