For more than 39 years, InterAct has served Wake County and its twelve municipalities as the only provider of comprehensive services for all victims and survivors of domestic and sexual violence. InterAct provides
- three 24-hour crisis lines dedicated to domestic violence and sexual assault,
- group and individual counseling,
- bilingual counseling,
- specialized children’s counseling,
- case management,
- court and hospital advocacy,
- professional training, and
- a full curriculum of violence prevention in Wake County public schools in grades 3-12.
- InterAct also operates Wake County’s only residential program for women and children fleeing abuse, as well as North Carolina’s first community-based sexual assault forensic examination center: The Solace Center.