The Flag Foundation for Horse/Human Partnership via Crowdrise
July 11, 2012
BENEFITING: THE FLAG FOUNDATION
EVENT DATE: Jul 01, 2012
We invite your participation to help us fund a 5-year lease in advance which will secure an immediate home for our rescued horses, where these horses and people are partnering in the next phase of human development, and to contribute to the purpose and preservation of a tract of beautiful open space in western Marin County.
This is a must move for us, as the farm that has served as home near Sebastopol has been sold. We are thrilled to have discovered this opportunity so quickly as it meets all of the horse and human needs we foresee for our work together. And it can be acquired for a sum that we believe is within the scope of our community to fund, far less than any property we could purchase in the Bay Area at this time.
($425,000 to purchase 63-month lease, $50,000 for transition expenses, improving barn and adding fencing to open all 42 acres with access to barn)
Your gift will:
● Provide you with a significant tax deduction
● Acquire the lease and assure a five-year commitment at this site
● Allow 100% income from other gifts, grants, programs, and residences to fund the monthly care of our horses, foundation operations and site maintenance
Timeline: Funding required by closing date September 30, 2012.
- · One-time, over-and-above, tax-deductible gift of cash or securities
- · Bundle five years’ annual tax-deductible gifts into single sum
- · Combination of the above