Skip to content
breannapotts's profile image - click for profile

Breanna Potts' Fundraiser:

The Helpers Farm for Education

Breanna's Photo
Breanna's Photo
Breanna's Photo
Breanna's Photo
Breanna's Photo
Breanna's Photo
Breanna's Photo
Breanna's Photo

BENEFITING: LEARN GROW LEAD

ORGANIZER: LEARN GROW LEAD

Breanna Potts

THE STORY:

LEARN GROW LEAD wrote -

Cape Coast, Ghana is the fourth poorest area in the country, and sadly ranks first in HIV/AIDS and Teen Pregnancy. There are many orphans, rescued trafficking victims and otherwise vulnerable children in the area who are not presently in school.

We are raising the funds to organically farm ten acres of land with eight crops: cabbage, carrot, green pepper, lettuce, watermelon, cauliflower, cucumber and onion so that our partner in Cape Coast, Children Helpers Foundation, can create jobs and become a self sufficient organization, also enabling them to keep orphans and other vulnerable youth in school while providing nutrition to these children and the surrounding area.

The demand for fresh vegetables is strong - current farmers are unable to serve about 25% of the need for fresh vegetables in the region. The farm will use organic farming processes, differentiating it from other area farmers. CHF has targeted three buyer partners in the area: Ghana's school feeding program, the flourishing hospitality industry (growing 11% per annum), and local women who sell at markets.

The initial harvesting is projected to earn $28,000 net profit, of which 60% would go towards funding education and the remaining 40% would be put back into the farm.

Here are some of the areas where your donation can make a difference:

For $15, we can provide one of 170 needed pieces of interplus pipes for irrigation, a hand fork OR nose masks
For $25, we can provide one bag of natural fertilizer (manure), OR three shovels
For $50, we can provide one acre of tractor service
For $113, we can provide three wheelbarrows
For $300, we can provide one of five main sprinklers for irrigation
For $500, we can provide one of two water pumps OR all the needed tractor service OR pay for one farm hand
For $750, we can provide all the seeds needed for one season of eight crops OR

All donors will receive wrap up reports on the farm's outcomes, as well as thank you notes from the children and photo and video links of the work in progress and outcome.

Want to go bigger? Donate $2500 and your name will go on the sponsor signage at the Farm as well as the sponsor wall at the Shaisiri Home for Children (the Children Helpers home that we are currently building) and the Learngrowlead.org and childrenhelpersfoundation.org websites.

Donate $5,000 and receive above benefits as well as a follow up phone or Skype call from Learn Grow Lead founders and Stephen Dankwah, Founder of Children Helpers Foundation to learn more about the project.

Donate $10,000 and we will invite you to come to Cape Coast with us (at your expense) in July 2015 to meet the children and see the farm and other projects first hand. You will also be the Lead Sponsor for the Farm with signage at the Farm, as well as on the wall at the home.

The Team: $10,917 TOTAL RAISED SO FAR

JOIN THE TEAM
Fundraiser Title

LEARN GROW LEAD

Amount Raised

$5,198

 

32% Raised of $16,300 Goal

Fundraiser Title

Anika Jackson

Amount Raised

$2,704

Fundraiser Title

Erin Douglas

Amount Raised

$1,515

Fundraiser Title

Melissa Wyatt

Amount Raised

$1,500

Fundraiser Title

Breanna Potts

Amount Raised

$0

Donor Comments

Be the first to Donate to Breanna and The Helpers Farm for Education.