Through the generosity of our athletes and supporters, The IRONMAN Foundation has been able to provide over 1.3 million dollars in charitable giveback o deserving nonprofits in IRONMAN race communities across North America. Examples of how The IRONMAN Foundation has made a lasting impact and left IRONMAN's legacy behind, can be been below.
We now ask you to take advantage of "Giving Tuesday" and make a yearend contribution to support initiatives in communities where you were able to experience one of the most memorable experiences of your lives, your IRONMAN Finish. Funds donated through this campaign are fully tax deductible to U.S. residents and will help our foundation make an impact in these communities for years to come. Don't wait, the time is now! Simply click the DONATE button and show our race communities that through our sport, we can make a difference!
Examples of the Foundation's IMPACT:
- The Safe Kids Kootenai County, Idaho provided 17 bicycle helmet safety education events reaching over 600 children in pre-school through 5th grades, where 200 helmets were distributed.
- Education for Tomorrow Alliance served 780 students in 32 junior high classrooms throughout Montgomery County, Texas while engaging 40 positive adult role models (volunteers) in support of education.
- Montgomery County Youth Services in the Woodlands, TX provided a total of 96 hours of counseling sessions to 8 at-risk youth and their families over a three month period.
- Interfaith of the Woodlands in Texas served 133 families and nearly 550 individuals in crisis with 266 bags of perishable and non-perishable food items.
- Environmental Learning for Kids (ELK) provided hands-on, science education, leadership development, and experiences in Colorado’s outdoors for more than 900 low-income, culturally diverse youth from the Denver area.
- 5 ATV’s were purchased to support critical lifesaving needs of our first responder groups