BENEFITING: LAZAREX CANCER FOUNDATION
EVENT DATE: Nov 07, 2015
A Runner's Mind is putting together a 10 person team for the Marin County Triathlons Charity Challenge!
$75 to register, 3 key trainings (deets below), epic sprint triathlon course; all while doing good for the Lazarex Cancer Foundation! Win, win, win, & win!
How it works:
- You pay $75 for your sprint entry.
- A Runner's Mind will match your $75 & give it to the Lazarex Cancer Foundation.
- You have a fundraising page upon registering! How much can we raise as a team?!
- The charity challenge has a point system where we can raise money for Lazarex by racing, placing & volunteering. Cool right?! philanthropic fitness!
- 10/25 - Key Bike 8AM meet at the Transition Area in Marin
- 10/27 - Key Swim 7:30AM meet at Aquatic Park
- 11/5 - Key Run 7:00PM meet at A Runner's Mind - food and beverage and team meeting after.
How the money we raise is used:
Every dollar we raise as a team goes back to the patients of the Lazarex Cancer Foundation. No other cancer non-profit helps cancer patients in such a direct way. Lazarex helps people with all cancers & of all ages access potentially life saving medicine through clinical trials. These are treatments that could potentially extend a patient's life & lead to cures for many others.
In 2015 alone, Lazarex provided financial support to over 400 patients with advanced stage cancer. To date, Lazarex patients have cumulatively lived an additional 507 years through their participation in Clinical Trials AFTER they were told they had no other treatment options.
Scroll through the images on the left and see a short clip on one of their patients & how you can help.