The Ninja Turtles
Organized by: Chris Cooley
I have a medical disorder called Hemophilia. Growing up, I had many frequent visits to the emergency room as a child. I remember there were days I would have spend all day with an IV in my arm administering meds, and having to follow it up at home with more treatments for bleeds. One of the few things as a kid that helped me get through the tough times were my action heroes. I use to sit there as child growing up playing with my toys in my lap to escape from all of the annoying situations I had to deal with at the moment. I am 25 now, and I want to help children out.
What I am looking to do?
I already have a group of friends whom in the past have volunteered at camps for kids with disabilities or other organizational purposes. These volunteers, like myself, have clear backgrounds and want to provide more than what they currently can. We would like to begin going on the weekends to children hospitals to provide pizza dressed up Ninja Turtle outfits. As we gain more backing, we would like to purchase more costumes in order to have more people volunteer.
What does the backing provide for?
- Three Official Movie Prop Ninja Turtle Costumes
- MANY rounds of pizza delivery and party items for 3 months worth
- Non-Profit Tax Filing
- Legal Organizational Fees Setup
What am I doing to help personally?
- Building a non-profit website
- Setting up the organization and recruiting volunteers
- Creating and printing all of the marketing materials
- Donating money to help it get started from an operating aspect
- Volunteering as a SuperHero with other volunteers
We thought delivering pizza as the Ninja Turtles would be the coolest thing first. Then try to expand to other characters to appeal to more audiences; like Cinderella, Batman, Superman, Iron Man, Thor, and Spiderman.
Why movie grade costumes?
- Children will have a stronger connection with the costumes (sense of realism)
- Appeal to be to a broader range of ages up to 12 years of age
- Costumes that are movie grade can be reused more with higher durability
Costumes purchased from: http://www.thepropshopsite.com/pages/turtle-suits
Where is our overall goal?
Our overall goal is to create this into an organization that does this full-time to children everywhere! It would be awesome to help assist other organizations by showing up to support their causes by drawing more attention. The potential organization would be catered toward providing fun events for children with a cause, and support other organizations.