PALINDROME ADVISORS via Crowdrise
December 09, 2011
Palindrome Advisors is a nonprofit that changes how leaders give back...and helps thousands of nonprofits in the process. We are the "match.com" for elite industry leaders (our Advisors) and nonprofit partners looking for board members. Matching our Advisors with nonprofit boards is done through a carefully screened and highly selective process. But, we're still a start-up and a nonprofit. Meaning we do the matching, screening, selection (and monthly events in every major city in the US like this education focused salon) for free. We've received more nonprofits applications that we can support and already matched, placed, and had 75 Advisors ATTEND their first nonprofit board meeting through Palindrome's work over the last 6 months. To sustain and expand the nonprofits and our community we need your support. Help us help thousands of nonprofits! Don't think of it as a donation...think of it as an investment in the future of philanthropy.
We're not your typical nonprofit, so instead of holding rubber-chicken plate and boring speech fundraisers (our events and salons are about connecting and learning, not money) we are leveraging the generosity of some of amazing Advisors and Corporate Sponsors to create an fun online fundraiser - the Palindrome Holiday Drive-A-Thon - with some amazing prizes (check out the photos on the page for a tease)!
Here's the easiest way to help:
- Select the DONATE button and give to The Palindrome Team or to another one of our fundraisers. $10, $50, $100, $5000. Every little bit helps.
- Select the "FUNDRAISE FOR THIS EVENT" button to create your own fundraiser for Palindrome or join an existing one or just scroll down to the leaderboard to choose a fundraising team to support.
Prizes! Every week of the drive-a-thon, from December 1st, 2011 through January 13th, 2012, we will be adding new awesome prizes, so stay tuned...and stay involved by spreading the word or joining/creating a team (more on that below). We'll be announcing prizes and winners as we go. You noticed we asked you for your t-shirt size...hint hint. :)
By the way, there is a guaranteed prize for everyone! Anyone that donates $10 or more will INSTANTLY win an invite to plyfe, which is an exclusive, super-duper, and invite-only digital rewards platform that just came blasting out of stealth mode. plyfe is short for "play life" - with once-in-a-lifetime experiences and redeemable points for products or other prizes - you get points for doing what you're already going online. Nifty eh?
Till Jan 13th, 2012 - donate $200 or more and win the chance for a 2 night stay at the all new Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas including a VIP experience in the newest and hottest nightclub RPM. Your VIP experience will include a free bottle of champagne in a VIP booth at RPM Nightclub. See the picture on the bottom left, this could be you! Also, anyone that donates $250 or more will automatically get 1 ticket to Zaw's famous CES party in January.
Another prize! anyone that donates $25 or more before Dec 15th will be eligible to win a customer Palindrome engraged iPad2, which we'll sent you just in time for the Holidays.
Team Prizes are the Biggest and Best!- The first Team to raise $5,000 will be entered into a drawing for a Limited Edition San Francisco 49ers football signed by coach Jon Harbaugh. NFC West Champions and playoff bound! Only 500 of these exist and are not for public sale! All people that have donated $10 or more and are part of that first Team to $5,000, will be eligibile to win, but there will only be one individual winner, so choose or create a team yourself and get the word out! There will also be a even cooler mystery prize for the Team Leader.
Why be part of a team? It's all about virality! Teams are friendly competitions to see which groups of people can raise the most money. You donate $25 and recruit 10 friends to your team. They each donate $25 and recruit 10 friends who donate $25...if our math skills are right that's $2,775 for your initial donation of $25!
Just some quick sample stats that show the impact that nonprofits that Palindrome partners with have on our world:
- Every 45 seconds a child in Africa dies from malaria (and it used to be every 20 seconds!), a disease spread by a single mosquito bite. There are more than 200 million cases of malaria each year, and nearly 1 million of those infected die from the disease — most of them children under the age of five. Thanks to the hard work of the Nothing But Nets / United Nations Foundation team, we've raised more than $35 million to distribute more than 4 million nets through UN partners, helping to achieve the global goal of ending malaria deaths by 2015 (http://www.unfoundation.org/what-we-do/campaigns-and-initiatives/nothing-but-nets/)
- 90% of teen violence and pregnancy occurs between the hours of 3-6pm. After School All Stars works with 85,000 teens across the country from 3-6pm in 6th-8th grade middle schools. This are over 450 ASAS school sites in 12 different cities from NYC to Hawaii. (http://www.afterschoolallstars.org)
BORP athletes defy statistics. Over the past 10 years, 98% of BORP's youth alumni have graduated from high school. Over 80% have gone on to college. Over 70% are employed. These statistics are in sharp contrast with national data on disabled populations, and are particularly impressive given the fact that the majority of our participants come from low-income households and all have some sort of disability. (http://www.borp.org)
285 million children and adults are vision-impaired due to uncorrected refractive error or eye diseases. Of these, nearly 39 million people are blind, with most of them living in the developing world. Helen Keller International is preventing blindness worldwide by bringing solutions to millions of vulnerable people. (http://www.hki.com)
- Since 2006, GLOW has experienced rapid growth driven by the critical need for its services and scalable partnership model. By improving its partnership engagement model, GLOW quintupled the number of students it empowered: ~ 800 students in 2010/2011 versus 184 students in 2009/2010. Over five years, GLOW has trained more than 1,350 students, partnered with 20 community-based organizations and schools, and awarded 114 college scholarships totaling $312,000. Ninety- three percent of students improved financial literacy skills and knowledge with an average 42% improvement on pre versus post assessment tests. Forty-seven students enrolled in 1:2 matched savings accounts for their college education with GLOW’s partner organization--Opportunity Fund-- with a total impact (saved and matched savings) of ~$64,500. (http://www.glowfoundation.org)
So, just to sum up:
- Help Us Help You- Donate now to help support our efforts to change the way leaders give back. We need your help to continue to build out our staff to bring on more Advisors, more Nonprofits, host more Events and Salons and keep changing the world and making it a better place. Philanthropy is for everyone, you don't have to wait.
- Awesome Prizes- Everyone wins something, seriously. And the more times you donate the more chances you have to win an awesome prize, with even more cool prizes to be unveiled weekly
- Get this Viral-Spread the word via all your social media channels and Join or Create a Team for the chance to win some of the biggest and best prizes
- Help Us Help You Help Us - We're here to help, so send us a message or email us (email@example.com) with any questions. There are no dumb questions.
Lastly, if you're new to Palindrome and are interested in joining as an Advisor, becoming a Nonprofit Partner, a Startup, a Corporate Sponsor, or anything else, please let us know. For people that want to join as new Advisors, your donation(s) will be counted towards your Palindrome Pledge if you are accepted into the program. More info and thanks to our many friends that helped us put this together here!