The Sum of Your Passions
Organized by: Abe Romo
Abe Romo via Crowdrise
September 02, 2014
- I am currently volunteering with Water for People and Waves for Water in Cochabamba, Bolivia. Things are going great!
- Water for People works with 104 communities here - 95% of those do not have clean drinking water and most don´t have water service to parts of their communiites or they have partial water service and have to ration their water.
- There is a huge need for additional filters because a lot of water is not suitable for human consumption.
GOOD NEWS - I ordered more filters and a good friend of mine, Jacob (Jake) Smithers is coming down to South America to bring the filters and some other things that I need :) He is also going to do some volunteer work with me.
- These filters are being shipped to Jake in Seattle and should get there this week (receipt in photos).
- I am meeting Jake in Colombia on September 9. We will distribute some filters there and he may take some up to Costa Rica as well.
- I will return to Bolivia and send a few MVP filters to the Water for People employees so that they can integrate them into their water systems and pass them on to communiites with the greatest need.
Consider supporting Jake and me through this site as we take more filters to people that need them (Primarily in Bolivia, Colombia, & Costa Rica).
Thank you kindly!
Abe & Jake
Hello and welcome,
Thank you for visting my page. I am volunteering with these three organizations below. Please use the links to learn more about each one and check out the videos.
Waves For Water – http://www.wavesforwater.org/about/story
> I am signed up to be a Water Courier to deliver water filters and teach people in need how to use and maintain them.
> Water filters range from $25 or $50 each
> Watch this video: http://vimeo.com/63514130
Water for People - http://www.waterforpeople.org/about/
> Watch this video: http://youtu.be/BCHhwxvQqxg
> I am currently in Cochabamba, Bolivia volunteering with the local Water for People office. I am doing some administrative work, water testing, and this coming weeks going out to project sites to help out as well. On 08.24.14 we are supposed to go to a site where they are installing a system that uses ultraviolet light to treat water.
Homeless World Cup – http://www.homelessworldcup.org/about
> I have been selected as a volunteer for strategic planning and/or execution of the 2014 Homeless World Cup.
> This volunteer assignment requires each volunteer to raise $1230 and make their own way down to Santiago, Chile. This tournament will take place in October 2014.
> Trailer: http://youtu.be/8bveBrCsraM
Your contribution will go towards my goal to raise at least $3030 to cover volunteering fees, water filters, equipment, some transportation costs for remote areas, etc. Currently, I am looking at getting more filters from Waves for Water because there is a great need in Cochabamba.
I have been able to trek through a good portion of Brazil, some parts of Argentina, and a bit of Paraguay to make it to Bolivia (I am currently in Cochabamba where I have started to volunteer with Water for People. All has gone great on this journey and I am extremelly excited for this part of the journey and also anxiously awaiting my volunteering time for The Homeless World Cup in October.
Thank you very much!