We believe every child deserves to get the support they need during the most ifluential time in their life. The Youth Center offers quality programs to improve children's lives so they can become better citizens.
If you are not familiar with the valuable work of the Youth Center, here is a list of some of the 2013 accomplishments:
1. One hundred percent (100%) of the funds raised go to support programs and services for kids.
The Youth Center is rent and maintenance free till the year 2025. Modest program fees cover all other operational costs.
2. Healthy kids lead to a healthy community in which to live, work, or retire by keeping the kids busy during after school hours. Entire communities benefit when young people have an array of after school activities and enrichment opportunities, our lack of juvenile related negative behaviors is a testament to the value of the Youth Center. Statistically, the hours between 2p and 6p are the highest for youth to be unsupervised, take part in negative activity, or even worse be victims of a crime.
3. Each and every year we serve over 3,000 children with a budget that is 50% less than similar youth organizations.
4. Long standing community partnerships makes every dollar stretch further. Every $1 of support donated to the Youth Center is leveraged to deliver $2 worth of services to youth in our community.
Rossmoor Community Services District allows the Youth Center to hold the Summer Camp at Rossmoor Park free of charge. City of Los Alamitos allows the Youth Center to hold the After School Program in the building rent and maintenance free. Los Alamitos Unified School District allows the Youth Center to provide music education in classrooms on the school campuses for free. Ganahl Lumber allows the Youth Center to use the parking lot for the Christmas Tree Lot fundraiser for free. Joes Premium Painting helps the Youth Center prepare for the Haunted House and creates the float for the Seal Beach Parade every year for free.
5. The Youth Center provides positive services to children during the most crucial time in their lives when they can be easily influenced.
6. The Youth Center receives no local, state, or federal funding. This charity is completely self-supporting. All funds supporting the Youth Center stay local. There is no headquartered location or foundation.
7. The Youth Center employs youth in the community helping them to develop vital leadership skills. In addition, a strong mentorship program is in place.
8. The Youth Center is the only organization offering a completely free drop in After School Program where the kids are safe and supervised and is the only provider of Music Education at all Elementary Schools in LAUSD.
9. The Los Alamitos Unified School District is among the most elite in the nation. In a recent survey, parents of children who come to the Youth Center reported they believe the Youth Center is an integral component to this elite status, as the Center serves children in this school district when they are not in school.
10. Many programs are provided free of charge including: Leadership Academy, After School Program and Learning Center, and Every 15 Minutes.
11. Scholarships are provided to the qualified families for any program requiring a fee.
12. The Youth Center is open to children with special needs. The concept of inclusion is very important to the Youth Center. Inclusion helps children with special needs participate in any and all Youth Center programs.
13. One of the Youth Center’s primary goals since 1952 has been to meet any need within the community that relates to our mission. Therefore, the Youth Center is researching and eventually planning on adding infant care and job placement in addition to our current programs.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR MISSION!