THINGS WE READ via Crowdrise
June 04, 2014
Things We Read promotes reading by giving you access to books that matter, recommended by people that matter to you. Through donations, we provide these books to America’s sons and daughters, both overseas and in our communities in need.
Things We Read was founded by a group of army officers while they were deployed to Iraq in 2011. The group got the book recommendations of famous and interesting people for their soldiers, and provided the books free to their platoons, as a good way to relax during the stressful times overseas.
What Getting Involved Will Accomplish
- Improve Soldier quality of life through encouraging a lifetime pursuit of knowledge
- Open free book collections in participating military communities
- Allow TWR to host professional development speaking series
- Help build reading centers in our wounded warrior hospitals
How We Show Our Gratitude
We love to thank our donors in the best way we know how...with TWR swag! You'll be contacted after donating to receive your incentive. Click here for the rules.
- $5 donation gets the donors name recognized in a press release.
- $50 donation gets the donor a Tshirt or Tanktop.
- $100 donation gets the donor a TWR hat.
- $150 donation gets a donor a TWR mug.
- $300 donation gets a donor a TWR polo
- $1,500 donation – LIMITED TO ONE - gets the donor a signed copy of We Were Soldiers
- $2,000 donation – LIMITED TO ONE - gets the donor a limited Giclee print watercolor painting by Daniel Angeles titled, "Reading Between the Lines."