ORGANIZER: City of Hope
EVENT: Honda LA Marathon 2012
EVENT DATE: Mar 18, 2012
Hi family and friends:
After a long streak of injuries, I'm back in full effect to run this year's LA marathon on March 18th! This time I've decided to dedicate each step of the 26.2 miles to a good cause (instead of just "cause pain"), so I've joined the ThinkCure team to raise funds for cancer research at City of Hope. This cause is close to my heart because so many people near and dear to us have been affected by cancer. City of Hope has already made some incredible research discoveries, and our support will help them get even closer to finding cures.
If that's not enough to sway you, here are 3 more good reasons to support Thinkcure/City of Hope:
- When you give to City of Hope, funds go directly to the researchers who are making lifesaving discoveries. It's not a foundation (like Susan G. Komen) where funds are dispersed in different directions. Innovation begins here that others fund and follow.
- I work at City of Hope, and I see first-hand how dedicated everyone is to the cause.
- I started us off with a $100 donation. And I'm inflicting pain on myself for no apparent reason!
Anything you can give will help - whether it's $1, $5, $10, or $100.
Here's to making 26.2 miles count!
City of Hope Duarte, CA wrote -
THINKCURE wrote -
Run cancer into the ground! Our team runs and raises money to support cutting-edge, collaborative research at City of Hope. Join us at Dodger Stadium on the morning of March 18, 2012 and run, sprint, walk 26.2 miles to the beautiful Pacific Ocean. ThinkBlue! ThinkCure! Be a part of funding cutting edge research for the cure to cancers that could impact the lives of those you love. Run with us!!
Join the LA Dodgers to run or walk the LA Marathon (March 18) or the LA Big 5K (March 17). Have fun and raise money for cutting-edge cancer research at City of Hope and Children's Hospital Los Angeles through our official charity, ThinkCure!
It's easy and we have some great benefits, too! Here's how:
- Set up your fundraiser page here on Crowdrise by clicking the "JOIN THE TEAM" button on the right side of the screen (you'll create a new Crowdrise account for yourself, if you're not already a member.)
- Customize your page however you'd like.
- Sign up to run or walk either the 5K (3.1 miles) or the marathon (26.2 miles) at www.lamarathon.com...and tell your friends. That's it! *
SIGN UP FOR THE MARATHON OR 5K HERE:
All LA Marathon registered runners & walkers will receive:
- Entry into the Honda LA Marathon 2012 including Water stations every mile and fluid replacement stations every other mile; Medical support at the start, finish and along the course; 75 points of on-course entertainment; and Personal item storage transported from the start line to the post finish area.
- 2-day Honda LA Marathon Expo featuring product demos, interactive exhibits and merchandise.
- Participant technical shirt.
- Personalized name on your race bib if registered before January 15, 2012.
- Pre-race shuttle transportation from the finish to the start.
- Pre-start festival, which includes breakfast snacks, entertainment, and more.
- Race day athlete tracking.
- B Tag timing system with splits every 5 kilometers.
- Finisher medal.
- Food & Fluids after your finish.
- Mylar blanket.
- Post-race massage.
- Finish Line Festival and Family Reunion steps from the Santa Monica Pier.
- Electronic finisher certificate.
- Raise $250 and get your ThinkCure! Dodgers Jersey
- Raise $500 and get your registration reimbursed (plus the above)
- Raise $750 and get a set of four MVP field level tickets to a regular season Dodgers home game with parking and four ThinkCure t-shirts to wear to the game (plus all of the above)
- Raise $1000 and come to exclusive breakfast race morning in the Dugout Club and out of the elements with breakfast and surprise VIPs (plus all of the above)
- Raise $2000 win an opportunity to participate in Kids Take the Field, which includes 4 tickets to the Dodger’s game and parking and ThinkCure Jersey’s to wear to the game (plus all of the above)
- Raise $3000 Autographed gift package (plus all of the above)
Raise at least $500 by February 29, 2012 and email CrowdRise about it and you'll be signed up to win the running shoes of your choice plus running shorts from The North Face, a long sleeve running shirt from Mountain Hardwear and a shower cap signed by someone you don't know.