THINKCURE wrote -
JOIN OUR TEAM!!
Run cancer into the ground! Our team runs and raises money to support cutting-edge, collaborative research at City of Hope and Children's Hospital Los Angeles. Join us at Dodger Stadium on the morning of March 18, 2012 and run, sprint, walk 26.2 miles to the beautiful Pacific Ocean. ThinkBlue! ThinkCure! Be a part of funding cutting edge research for the cure to cancers that could impact the lives of those you love. Run with us!!
HERE'S THE STORY:
Join the ThinkCure and run or walk the LA Marathon (March 18) or the LA Big 5K (March 17). Have fun and raise money for cutting-edge cancer research at City of Hope and Childrens Hospital Los Angeles to fund cancer research.
It's easy and we have some great benefits, too! Here's how:
- Set up your fundraiser page here on Crowdrise by clicking the "JOIN THE TEAM" button on the right side of the screen (you'll create a new Crowdrise account for yourself, if you're not already a member.)
- Customize your page however you'd like.
- Sign up to run or walk either the 5K (3.1 miles) or the marathon (26.2 miles) at www.lamarathon.com...and tell your friends. That's it! *
* If you've already signed up for the LA Marathon or LA Big 5K, you can still join Team ThinkCure. Just create your Crowdrise page right here.
All runners & walkers on our team will receive:
- Entry into the Honda LA Marathon 2012 including Water stations every mile and fluid replacement stations every other mile; Medical support at the start, finish and along the course; 75 points of on-course entertainment; and Personal item storage transported from the start line to the post finish area.
- 2-day Honda LA Marathon Expo featuring product demos, interactive exhibits and merchandise.
- Participant technical shirt.
- Personalized name on your race bib if registered before January 15, 2012.
- Pre-race shuttle transportation from the finish to the start.
- Pre-start festival, which includes breakfast snacks, entertainment, and more.
- Race day athlete tracking.
- B Tag timing system with splits every 5 kilometers.
- Finisher medal.
- Food & Fluids after your finish.
- Mylar blanket.
- Post-race massage.
- Finish Line Festival and Family Reunion steps from the Santa Monica Pier.
- Electronic finisher certificate.
Donate $29 by January 15, 2012 and you'll be signed up to win an iPad2 and a drawing of something from CrowdRise.
Raise at least $500 by February 29, 2012 and email CrowdRise about it and you'll be signed up to win the running shoes of your choice plus running shorts from The North Face, a long sleeve running shirt from Mountain Hardwear and a shower cap signed by someone you don't know.