Skip to content

This is Our NeighborGood-Wilmington, Delaware

Organized by: Kate Phillips

Kate's Photo

THE STORY:

"This is Our NeighborGood" is a movement to create safe, healthy and vibrant communities in Wilmington, Delaware! We invest in what works, and focus on building equity in health, housing, jobs, and education. We are creating complete communities, starting with healthy corner stores, expanding farmers markets, revitalizing parks and improving safety.

This is a new way of working--collectively, not competitively--to make our communities better places to live, learn, work and play. Your contribution can be designated to a specific project, or to the NeighborGood initiative. If you make a general contribution, our leadership team (comprised of representatives from 10 public and private organizations), will allocate money to "fill the cup". For example, if we've raised 75% of the cost of building a new playground from federal or state grants and other sources, the leadership team may decide to contribute the other 25% to make that playground happen!

In building "Our NeighborGood," we focus on addressing goals identified by community residents, such as improving access to foods that are healthy and affordable, and creating safe places to be active—making the healthy choice the easy choice.

Be a part of Our NeighborGood by investing in:

  • Revitalization of three WestSide parks [$1.2 million raised, only $50K left to go!]
  • Adding lighting to a walking path through Surratte, Oakmont and Rose Hill parks in New Castle [already implementing $XXX plan, $XX needed for lighting costs]
  • Building a KaBOOM! playground at the H. Fletcher Brown Boys & Girls Club [$70K raised, only $20K left to go!]
  • A mobile grocery market, bringing healthy foods to low-income areas by bus [$ XXX raised, XX to go]

Together, we are transforming the places Delawareans live, learn, work and play into healthy, connected and thriving communities. Join us, and be a part of "Our NeighborGood!"

DONATE

To This Fundraiser

$0

MONEY RAISED
  •  
  •  
  •  
Organized by

Kate Phillips

This is a direct to organizer fundraiser.

Donor Comments

Be the first to Donate to Kate and This is Our NeighborGood-Wilmington, Delaware.

Report this page — Let Us Know if you think this page is breaking the law or the CrowdRise Terms