Emily Bromley via Crowdrise
September 18, 2012
EVENT DATE: Nov 04, 2012
Mileage Tracker: 416
Find out about the Great Lung Run & Jill's Legacy Here: http://jillslegacy.org/
- Lung Cancer is the Number One Cancer Killer.
- It kills more people than breast, prostate, colon, liver, melanoma, and kidney cancers combined.
- 80 percent of newly diagnosed Lung Cancer patients either never smoked or quit smoking decades ago.
- Lung Cancer surpassed breast cancer as the #1 cancer killer of women in 1987.
- Over 450 people die a day of Lung Cancer in the U.S. That’s 19 an hour.
- You CAN get Lung Cancer even if you never smoke.
- Every three minutes another person is diagnosed with Lung Cancer.
- For every nine dollars spent on breast cancer, one dollar is spent on Lung Cancer in the U.S.
- The overall survival rate for Lung Cancer is still 15.5%.The same as it was over 40 years ago.
- Lung Cancer is the leading cause of cancer death for both men and women, accounting for 30 percent of all cancer deaths.