Magdalene, Inc. wrote -
The Thistle Stop Cafe will open in the fall of 2012. A large cafe run by the women of Magdalene/Thistle Farms - residents and graduates who have survived prostitution, trafficking and addiction. Thistle Stop Cafe will sell coffee, teas and catered food. The goal is to draw people into Thistle Farms, the social enterprise of Magdalene where employees hand make natural body care products, from the general public, to 1. be a new training ground for the women of Thistle Farms, and 2. to develop a great meeting and venue space. We will post pictures of the space soon!
Here is how you can help. We need the following in start-up costs:
- $3,000.00 to pay two women's salaries during the training and start up.
- $2,500.00 for construction costs to help us build the cafe.
- $500.00 to help us stock the cafe with essentials.
- $500.00 to buy tables for the cafe.
- $100.00 to buy 7 aprons from ABAN, a social enterprise for girls off the streets in Ghana.
- $50.00 to buy a tea set.
- $25 to buy mugs.
- $10 to buy a box of teas!