Tiffaney Fiedtkou wrote -
Fun Walk/Run to Benefit Grace Fisher
Sponsored by SB Firefighters Association Charity Fund, SB High School & San Marcos High School
Seventeen year old Gracie Fisher is positively fearless despite the uncertainty she faces since being diagnosed with Acute Flaccid Myelitis in December. The sudden onset of this mysterious, polio-like illness has left her paralyzed from the neck down and on a respirator. Grace and her family face a challenging and uncertain road to her recovery. Enthusiastic friends, relatives and members of the Santa Barbara community are gathering to lend some emotional and financial support with this event!
On Sunday, April 26 beginning at 9 am at San Marcos High School's track, hundreds of energetic Gracie fans will run, walk and skip together in symbolic support of Grace’s marathon recovery journey. No running is required! You can help by attending and/or fundraising.
What YOU can do....
REGISTER to attend and/or fundraise for the RACE WITH GRACE by clicking the pink “REGISTER” box above. You can register to attend with an existing team TEAM or START YOUR OWN TEAM! Fun is ahead, we promise! You can FUNDRAISE even if you cannot attend the event.
DONATE by clicking the purple box above and feel good all day! Plus, it's tax deductible! Donate to a specific team or the general Gracie Donation fund- it's all going to Gracie!
SPONSOR this event! Contact Mary Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about sponsorship opportunities! We'd love to put your company logo on a banner and more!
- Event begins 9 am on Sunday, April 26, 2015 at San Marcos High School's track and goes until 5 pm that evening. Team Captains may schedule some participants for later start.
- Teams of 1 or more participants will walk/run/skip a collective 104 laps (26 miles) consecutively or in small groups, within the 8 hour "race" period (9am to 5pm).
- Spirited team costumes are encouraged and rewarded!
- Live music, food and entertainment on site to inspire and support us all to reach our marathon goal.
- Video Station to record a message to Gracie at team’s completion!
- Participant with sponsorship of $104 or more will receive a souvenir Race With Grace tee shirt.
- Prizes awarded to top earning fundraisers and most spirited team!
- No prize for the fastest runner- because it's all about going the distance, together!
- Corporate sponsorships available thru 3/31 starting at $750 (bronze), $2,500 (silver) and $5,000 (gold). Please contact Mary Ann (805) 729-2702 for details
All funds are tax deductible and made thru the SB Firefighters Association Charity Fund (501c3 Tax ID 76-0797274).
Keep current with Gracie's progress and check on other events at http://posthope.org/gracefisher