Brocha Simon wrote -
We have decided that on Thursday, May 8th, we will move over 500 children, students, and TIKVA staff to a camp site outside Odessa, where everyone will be out of harm's way.
The additional security and relocation costs for such a mobilization for so many people comes at a great expense, and we are appealing once again for financial help from our supporters and asking everyone to reach out to friends who may be in a position to help ensure the security of our children.
The situation has gone from one of waiting to see if the violent protests would come to the streets of Odessa, to one where the only question now is the degree to which the violence will escalate beyond its current level. The last few days in particular have been extremely difficult for the children in our care and for the greater Odessa Jewish Community.
We are planning to return to Odessa after the weekend, but if the situation warrants, we will stay away until it is safe to return. In any case, we are looking to secure this location for an extended period and to store supplies there in case we need to move the children out of the city again.
We have been warned by our partners in the Intelligence community that this coming weekend, May 9th, 10th, and 11th, has the potential to be the most violent to date.