Start planning your Earth Day picnic and get outside in nature!
via Crowdrise 4 years ago
The Nature Conservancy wrote -
Start a Picnic! Or Take a Hike!
This Earth Day - April 22, 2012 - people all over the world are celebrating with good food, great people and our great environment. They're joining Picnic for the Planet with The Nature Conservancy.
Picnic for the Planet is a celebration of the planet we live on, the food it provides and the people we share it with. In short, the planet does a lot for us - we should take it out for lunch or take it for a hike. Organizing a picnic or organizing a hike is simple. We want the experience to be fun, too. The picnics and hikes do not need to be big formal events; they can be as simple or as complex as the organizer wants.
How it Works:
- Simple! Pick a date, time and location for your picnic or hike, then spread the word to your friends, family and community and invite them to come out and join the fun.
- Plan your menu for your picnic or your destination for your hike. For your picnic, consider using as many local, in-season ingredients as possible. Find out other ways to have an eco-friendly Picnic for the Planet by clicking HERE. For your hike, consider a new destination that a lot of your friends and family can get to easily. Consider public transportation and consider cleaning up the trail along the way.
- If you're a picnic or hike organizer, raise $250! If you're attending a picnic or hike, donate at least $10! Ask friends, family, colleagues, neighbors and everyone you know to support your picnic or hike - it's for a great cause. And they can donate right here, right now. Just click on the big orange DONATE button to the right.
- Spread the word about Picnic for the Planet (or your hike for the planet!) through your social media networks and use hashtag #picnic12,
- Share your photos and picnic experiences with The Nature Conservancy via Facebook, Twitter or Flickr or on this fundraising page. Use the tag #picnic12. We'll be looking for the best stories - picnic or hike that fundraised the most, picnic or hike that made the most impact, largest picnic, longest hike, coldest picnic, coldest hike, highest altitude picnic or hike, and picnics and hikes from all corners of the world!
Why Raise Money: The Nature Conservancy is the world’s largest conservation organization, working in more than 30 countries and all 50 states. The Conservancy works closely with the people who provide our food - farmers, ranchers and fishermen - all over the world. With your support we can continue to protect the most vital habitats on Earth.
Picnic Organizers are Challenged to Raise Money:
- If you're an organizer, we challenge you to raise $250 for your picnic or hike!
- You can donate right here using the big ORANGE button to your right!
- Ask your family, friends, colleagues, neighbors and everyone you know to back you.
- Challenge each of your attendees to contribute at least $10 each.
- Encourage them to go one step further and raise $250 on their own.
- Share your story with us! We want to hear about your picnic or hike, your fundraising efforts, and why this cause is so important to you!
Celebrate our planet this Earth Day 2012.
Click HERE to visit The Nature Conservancy's Picnic for the Planet Web site.
Thanks for your support!
The Nature Conservancy.