The Nature Conservancy wrote -
Start a Picnic!
This Earth Day - April 22, 2012 - people all over the world are celebrating with good food and great people. They're joining Picnic for the Planet with The Nature Conservancy.
Picnic for the Planet is a celebration of the planet we live on, the food it provides and the people we share it with. In short, the planet does a lot for us - we should take it out for lunch. Organizing a picnic is simple. We want the experience to be fun, too. The picnics do not need to be big formal events; they can be as simple or as complex as the picnic organizer wants.
How it Works:
- Simple! Pick a date, time and location for your picnic, then spread the word to your friends, family and community and invite them to come out and join the fun.
- Plan your menu. Consider using as many local, in-season ingredients as possible. Find out other ways to have an eco-friendly Picnic for the Planet by clicking HERE.
- If you're a picnic organizer, raise $250! If you're attending a picnic, donate $10! Ask friends, family, colleagues, neighbors and everyone you know to support your picnic - it's for a great cause. And they can donate right here, right now. Just click on the big orange DONATE button to the right.
- Spread the word about Picnic for the Planet through your social media networks and use hashtag #picnic12,
- Share your photos and picnic experiences with The Nature Conservancy via Facebook, Twitter or Flickr or on this fundraising page. Use the tag #picnic12. We'll be looking for the best stories - picnic that fundraised the most, picnic that made the most impact, largest picnic, coldest picnic, highest altitude picnic, and picnics from all corners of the world!
Why Raise Money: The Nature Conservancy is the world’s largest conservation organization, working in more than 30 countries and all 50 states. The Conservancy works closely with the people who provide our food - farmers, ranchers and fishermen - all over the world. With your support we can continue to protect the most vital habitats on Earth.
Picnic Organizers are Challenged to Raise Money:
- If you're a picnic organizer, we challenge you to raise $250 for your picnic!
- You can donate right here using the big ORANGE button to your right!
- Ask your family, friends, colleagues, neighbors and everyone you know to back you.
- Challenge each of your picnic attendees to contribute $10 each.
- Encourage them to go one step further and raise $250 on their own.
- Share your story with us! We want to hear about your picnic, your fundraising efforts, and why this cause is so important to you!
Celebrate our planet this Earth Day 2012.
Click HERE to visit The Nature Conservancy's Picnic for the Planet Web site.
Thanks for your support!
The Nature Conservancy.