Alicia Schaeffer wrote -
Alicia & Paloma decided that they are going to run the Nike Woman's Marathon in San Francisco,
Paloma, because she's a kick ass runner, & Alicia, because she figured she could do it, before realizing how long it actually was.
We chose the Canadian Cancer Society because there has been many people in Alicia's life that have gotten cancer and even though some of those people have been American, Canadian's are kind, and they'll share their cure when they get it.
Canadian Cancer Society fights cancer by:
- doing everything we can to prevent cancer
- funding research to outsmart cancer
- empowering, informing and supporting Canadians living with cancer
- advocating for public policies to improve the health of Canadians
- rallying Canadians to get involved in the fight against cancer