BENEFITING: METROPLEX ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORP
One of our projects is the Texas Offenders Reentry Initiative also known as TORI, a faith-based program, providing services to formerly incarcerated individuals who have returned home.
The mission of TORI is to guide and empower ex-offenders to maximize their potential and increase their opportunities for successful reintegration into society therefore, decreasing recidivism and assisting clients to become productive citizens within their communities. TORI’s mission encompasses a holistic approach to comprehensive treatment and services.
Today, TORI’s services include:
- Intensive Case Management
- Employment Coaching and Placement
- Transitional Housing and Independent Living Assistance
- GED and Educational classes
- Substance abuse & HIV/AIDS/STD prevention & treatment
- Family Reunification Counseling
- Financial Literacy
- Anger Management
- Life Skills and peer support groups
- Licensed professional counseling services
- Chaplaincy Services