Tricia Guyon via Crowdrise
November 08, 2011
BENEFITING: Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation
EVENT DATE: May 05, 2012
Our beloved father, grandfather and husband, Kenneth GaNun died on June 30, 2011 while waiting for a lung transplant. Ken died of Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis and fought a tough battle in a very short time. Our father was a dedicated man who always put his family first. His joys in life were his kids, grandkids and helping others.
Here are some stats about IPF.
- Every 13 minutes someone in the US dies from this disease
- As many people die each year from this disease as they do from Breast Cancer
- There is no known cause for this disease
- There is no treatment for this disease
- There is no cure for this disease
Our family and friends are raising awareness for a horrible disease. We have had running events and on May 5, 2012 my family , friends and I will be challenging ourselves to the Tough Mudder Event in Vermont. We are doing this event in honor of a wonderful man and we want to raise money and awareness for Pulmonary Fibrosis.
Thank you for your support.
The GaNun Family