BENEFITING: AMERICA SCORES
EVENT DATE: Jun 11, 2016
The Friendship Cup Parents Soccer Tournament is a chance for parents to demonstrate school pride in the context of friendly competition and sportsmanship.
The event will also raise funds for America SCORES, a local non-profit that delivers free soccer and poetry programs to over 1300 low-income children in San Francisco and the Bay Area.
The Friendship Cup has two trophies: one for the team that wins the championship game and one for the team that raises the most money and makes the most impact for low-income youth.
While the parents take to the field to play, the children will be on the sideline supporting and cheering for their parents. Children who are certified referees will even be refereeing the games!
This year’s event also includes a pre-tournament friendly mixer! This family event is open to all Friendship Cup participants and their families and will be at the Beach Chalet on Friday evening June 3, 2016. There will be field space for practice, scrimmaging, kids activities, a poetry contest, and pizza!
June 3 - Family Picnic at Beach Chalet from 5 to 8 pm
June 11 - Friendship Cup at Crocker Amazon from 2 to 6 pm
- Games: 8 v 8 soccer – seven field players and one goalkeeper.
- Each team will play at least three 30-minute games.
- Age Requirement: 30 and older (men and women)
- Participants must be a parent of current student or alumni to play
- Entry fee: suggested donation of minimum $125 per player
Prior Winners -- December 2015
- Champion: Lycee Francais de San Francisco
- Imapact Award: Town School