TramAnh Lai via Crowdrise
February 28, 2014
To my dearest family and friends:
Yours truly is turning quarter of a century old! My birthday is on February 3rd but to celebrate, I am fundraising all month for an organization that is dear to my heart: The New York Asian Women's Center (NYAWC). This organization helps women and their children overcome domestic violence, human trafficking, and other forms of abuse. With over 30 years experience in the New York City, NYAWC provides over 10 services including a 24 hour multilingual hotline, safe haven shelters, mentor programs, legal aid, and empowerment programs. For a glimpse of the work that they do, you can view this video.
My goal is to raise $2500 for my 25th so don't spend money on me or buy me gifts but please donate knowing that your money could help contribute to the following:
- A gift of just $50 will support a woman's transportation costs for visits with her counselor, lawyer, and social worker.
- A gift of $100 can provide a mother and child with enough food for two weeks.
- A gift of $500 can provide assistance to help a woman escape violence in her home without ever having to enter a shelter.
- A gift of $1,000 can provide counseling for three children living in our shelters.
- A gift of $5,000 can provide emergency shelter for a woman escaping violence in her home.
As someone who used to work at a nonprofit, I know how every dollar counts. So if you can only contribute $10 dollars, then please do so. If you can contribute more, please do so as well. I hope you are able to join me in supporting this great organization. Also, if you're really interested, you can join me and become a volunteer! :)
Thank you so much to all my wonderful family and friends who have made the last 25 years so wonderful. Here's to the next 25 and all the more wonderful things to come!
Sending you much love,
Trammy Anh Lai
For more information about the New York Asian Women's Center, please visit www.nyawc.org.