Welcome to my Tri for Malawi fundraising page!
I am participating in this year’s Tri for Malawi Team Challenge to support girls’ education and empowerment in Malawi. The Tri for Malawi is an annual fundraising initiative with proceeds going towards Advancing Girls’ Education in Africa (AGE Africa). This year, I will join fifty other athletes and the Embassy of Malawi to honor our girls who walk a triathlon-sized distance every week just to attend school. Together, we pledge to raise $150,000 to provide 190 disadvantaged but academically motivated young women with scholarships to secondary school this fall!
I am asking for you to support my personal fundraising efforts by making a donation today:
- $35 Buy a Uniform
- $50 Buy School Supplies
- $100 Buy a Bicycle
- $250 Life Skills Program Sponsor
- $500 Tuition Sponsor
I am taking the Tri for Malawi Team Challenge because I believe in the power of education to transform lives globally. The need is great:
- Less than 7% of women in Malawi have graduated high school and less than 1% nationwide go onto high education
- In Malawi, girls are under enrolled in secondary school nearly 2:1 compared to boys and in some districts this figure is as high as 6:1
- 50% all girls in Malawi are married by the age of 18
- 11% of the population aged 15 years old and higher are HIV positive, the majority of whom are girls
- Malawi is one of the poorest countries in the world, ranking 171 out of 187 countries
Help me support AGE Africa by making a donation today! Thanks so much for your generosity!