BENEFITING: Advancing Girls' Education in Africa
ORGANIZER: Advancing Girls' Education in Africa
EVENT: Tri for Malawi 2016
EVENT DATE: Sep 11, 2016
Advancing Girls' Education in Africa wrote -
Each year, fifty athletes, join the Ambassador from the Republic of Malawi to the United States to compete in the Events DC Nation’s Triathlon, and honor AGE Africa’s scholars who walk a triathlon-sized distance every week just to attend school. The Tri for Malawi Team Challenge is AGE Africa’s largest fundraising event, and this year team members will compete to raise a total of $150,000 to support 200 scholarships for AGE Africa’s students this fall!
Why join the Tri for Malawi Team Challenge?
- Less than 6% of women in Malawi have graduated high school and less than 1% nationwide go onto higher education.
- In Malawi, girls are under enrolled in secondary school nearly 2:1 compared to boys and in some districts this figure is as high as 6:1.
- 50% all girls in Malawi are married by 18.
- Malawi is one of the poorest countries in the world, ranking 171 out of 187.
Support the event by making a donation today:
- $35 Buy a Uniform
- $50 Buy School Supplies
- $100 Buy a Bicycle
- $250 Life Skills Program Sponsor
- $500 Tuition Sponsor
- $750 Scholarship Sponsor
About Events DC Nation’s Triathlon: The Annual Events DC Nation’s Triathlon features a 1.5K (Olympic) or 750M (Sprint) swim in the Potomac River, a 40K (Olympic) or 26.5K (Sprint) bike course through DC, and a 10K (Olympic) or 5K (Sprint) run through Washington, DC’s historical landmarks with a spectacular finish! Please note, athletes must be 18 or over to participate as required by Washington, DC. For more information, please visit the Events DC Nation’s Triathlon website.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.ageafrica.org.