BENEFITING: The Sierra Club Foundation
Every year, I raise money by running a marathon for a charity or nonprofit whose mission I believe in. While running the Chicago Marathon last year, I injured my knee and saw my marathon career end as a result. However, even though I can no longer run marathons, I have no intention of ceasing my fundraising and have decided to raise money for the Sierra Club by entering my first ever triathlon. I'll be participating in the Lake Stevens Triathlon on September 8th, and hope to raise $2,000 on behalf of the Sierra Club while I train.
In case my story above is not compelling enough to encourage you to donate, here are a few other reasons that you may inspire you to support my triathlon:
1) You love our planet and want to support a organization that's doing everything they can to protect it
2) You know me personally and find the idea of me trying to swim painfully hilarious (I'm banking on the majority of my funds raised coming from this demographic)
3) You're not especially in love with what our government is doing and would rather donate to a charity than give your cash to them
4) You're absolutely in love with what our government is doing and feel that they're operating at full efficiency so they don't need your money as badly as the Sierra Club does
5) You're a genuinely good person who just likes to support a good cause
Regardless of your motivation to donate, I hope that you decide to contribute to this incredible cause. Thank you so, so much in advance, see you at the starting line!