BENEFITING: TIMMY GLOBAL HEALTH
The Tufts University chapter of Timmy Global Health works with Timmy Global Health, a non-profit organization that is dedicated to expanding access to health care in low-income communities around the world. Timmy Global Health achieves this mission by sending brigades of college students and medical professionals to Guatemala, Ecuador, and the Dominican Republic to support the efforts of pre-established, healthcare-focused NGOs in those regions. By working through these partner organizations and by offering medical clinics and brigades over the course of the entire year, Timmy aims to achieve long-lasting, sustainable change.
The Tufts chapter of Timmy has the privilege of traveling to Xela, Guatemala every January to collaborate with our partner organization, Asociación Pop-Wuj. With Pop Wuj, we help provide medical attention, vitamins, and medications to over 400 patients during our week-long trip. Last year, we were able to see 408 patients and refer 56 to specialists, and none of this would have been possible without donations.
Our chapter depends on the generosity of donors to ensure patients receive the care and services that they need, and any donation that you could provide for Tufts Timmy would be greatly appreciated. You can be certain that your donation will be put to good use, because Timmy Global Health invests 92% of the donations it receives directly into patient care and support of its in-country partner organizations. Here is a breakdown of how every dollar that you donate is spent in Guatemala:
• $28 pays for three years of hypertension medication for a Timmy patient.
• $32 provides prenatal care for an expecting mother.
• $50 ensures 5 patients get the x-rays they need.
• $75 helps purchase a year’s supply of vitamins for 15 children.
• $100 treats 200 patients for intestinal parasites.
• $100 provides fluoride for all kids seen during one Timmy medical trip.
• $200 enrolls one mother and child in a year-long malnutrition alleviation program managed by Timmy Global Health and its local partners.
• $850 funds a Community Health Worker for one year to help the community take advantage of Timmy Global Health and partner clinic services, and facilitate follow-up and referral care.
As you can see, none of the work we do could be done without generous donations from people like you. The Tufts chapter of Timmy, our partner organization in Guatemala, Pop Wuj, the national organization of Timmy and our patients are extremely grateful for your support. If you would like to learn more about our chapter, the national organization or our international partner, check out our websites:
You can also find all of us on Facebook!