ALS- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, often referred to as “Lou Gehrig’s Disease,” is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord.
1.) 7 DAYS (Sept 20-26)
2.) Goal: Raise $70,000 for research & medical support for the National ALS Association
3.) Donate, Tweet, Share
4.) Win Cool Prizes
5.) Help Change People's Lives
TWEET for ALS: "Using Social Media for Social Good"
We are using the power of Crowdrise, Twitter and Facebook to take our ALS fundraising drive national … and maybe even global. We’re counting on you to donate and spread the word.
1.) Donate using the big orange button above.
2) Click the black JOIN THE TEAM button. You will then be a team member for Tweet For ALS on Crowdrise and can share your own project page (just like ours) to your own friends and family to help spread the word and fundraise for ALS Association.
3.) After you join the team use the buttons above to share on Twitter (add in #tweetforals) and on Facebook.
4.) Email your friends and family- they will be donating to a great cause and could win sweet prizes.
DONATE...AND YOU COULD WIN A PRIZE
When you donate, you will be entered into a daily random giveaway & have a chance to win super cool prizes such as:
* iPod NANOS (We're giving away 2 black, 3 blue)
* FLIP CAMS (It fits in your pocket! Now you can record your adventures anywhere, anytime!)
* DETROIT PISTONS "Honorary Ball Kid" Certificate (very rare)- which allows a child to be the honorary pre-game ball kid for 1 home game during the 2010-11 season & includes 4 tickets to the game & 1 parking pass- (how cool is that?!)
* TICKETS (2) to the first Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Miami Heat game of the season in Cleveland (Who wouldn't want to go!?)
WAIT, THERE'S MORE!
Check out Crowdrise's promotion page to see what other awesome prizes you can win by donating, like and an Apple Macbook & iPad! If you want a chance to own the coolest new toys, DONATE NOW!
Your donation will help provide:
* Home Visits
* Equipment Loan Program
* Programs designed to provide information and support for caregivers and family members
* Provide contact information for ALS clinics & physicians
* Year round advocacy or government relations by representing the needs of patients & families.
* Support to nationally directed ALS research.
Thanks Everyone For Your Help and Support!