Leanne Smith wrote -
Help David and Leanne raise money and awareness for Living Water International, an organization that provides CLEAN DRINKING WATER to those in need, as we bike our way across the country!
Sponsor a mile for only $1! Each mile you sponsor gets us further across the country towards our goal of 3000 miles and $3000. The funds raised for this trip will repair a broken well in Nicaragua for a village of 150-200 people.
- The Century: $100. Sponsor 100 miles of our trip - a long day in the saddle for us, but 3.3% of a rebuilt well for the people of Nicaragua!
- The Full Day: $75. Sponsor 75 miles of our trip. This is the goal mileage we have for each day of our trip. We'll be biking 40 days total so with only 40 full-day sponsors, we can completely fund the well repairs!
- The Light Day: $50. Sponsor 50 miles of our trip, aka a single easy day, but 50 miles closer to the finish line!
- The Victory Tuck: $25. Sponsor 25 miles of our trip, a partial day (preferably the easy, downhill half, lol). Every mile counts.
- The Rest Day: $15. Sponsor the days we get to recover! Don't worry, every mile counts and even the smallest donation gets us that many miles closer to 3000.
*Please note! We can also accept check made out to Living Water International and mailed to our "secretary" Deziree Iams at 2296 A 36th St, Los Alamos, NM 87544. We will enter your donation into our online tracker and mail your check on to Living Water as soon as possible.*
Thanks! We thank you for partnering with us in this endeavor. We pray that God will bless you for your generosity, and that the work this fundraiser makes possible will bring great joy, health, and hope to the people of Nicaragua.
What now? We will dedicate sections of our trip to anyone who makes a donation, based on the number of miles they sponsor. Follow our blog to watch our progress as your donations and our legs propel us across the country, and look for a shout-out in our blog as the miles you sponsor become apshalt under our treads!
Why we're doing this: We've chosen to benefit something that we'll be reminded of every time we down another gallon of clean drinking water while biking. We are fortunate to have easy and reliable access to clean water, and it’s easy to take for granted. Our hope by the end of this is that we will be able to help provide a well to a town in Nicaragua so the citizens get the same essential that we are privileged to have.
Go to http://twototandem.blogspot.com/ for updates, a map of our route, and a shout out for your sponsored miles!