Tina Urso McDaniel wrote -
People, let’s face it... most of us know arts education, especially in public schools, ain’t what it used to be back in the halcyon 80s. So how will we return it to it’s former glory? With a fabulous party at a roller rink, natch! (And have I mentioned, Tina is responsible for organizing the actual party part? Rest assured this means there will be costumes, fabulous music, trophies, and a competitive Ridiculous Relay, among many other Fabulous Things.)
Now, sure, I know, maybe you’re saying, “but, I can’t rollerskate!” Or maybe you can rollerskate but are gripped with fear about the idea of rollerskating in front of others. Maybe you have another engagement on the evening of February 9th, or are currently reading this from your balcony in Tahiti.
But no matter your interest, ability, or location, I promise you, too can experience the fabulousity of assisting youth arts via rollerskate party. Don’t miss out! Here’s how:
If you’re in town on February 9th & free from 5-7 pm, you can help by:
- Joining our awesome team! (2 spots still open!)
- Organizing your own team by clicking “Rollathon for Arts Corps” above & clicking the “Fundraise for this Event” button on the right of that page. Youth and family teams encouraged!
- Planning to show up as a spectator on Feb 9th (just $10 & super fun!)
- Asking us for flyers to distribute at your work, school, or elsewhere
- Showing up at the fun info kickoff party on Jan 8th at Youngstown Cultural Arts Center to learn more about Arts Corps and how to start a team
- Telling all your friends and family!
- If you're not making your own team, $upport our team by clicking the big orange button on the right, or donate to one of us in person
If you’re out of town or busy on February 9th, you can help by:
- Pushing our team to victory by clicking on the orange button to the right, or donating to us in person. Any amount helps!
- (If you’re local) telling all your friends and family by sharing this page
- (If you’re local) asking us for paper or digital flyers to distribute to your work, school, or elsewhere!
Are you still reading this and still haven’t taken action or seriously planned to take action in one of the above described ways? If so, how is it possible we are related or ever became friends? Did we mention Tina is the one programming this event? Did we mention Chad and Tina have been supporting this organization for almost ten years now? Don’t you at least want to be supportive of our interests? Start your New Year off on the right foot, now. Five bucks if nothing else. We know you can do it. We’ll forgive your momentary indecision. There, doesn’t that feel better? :o)