Food Justice Urban Hike-a-thon 2013
EVENT DATE: Jun 15, 2013
DEADLINE TO GIVE: Jun 15, 2013
FUNDRAISER SET UP DEADLINE: Jun 14, 2013
Starts from Jose Rizal Park, 1008 12th Ave S, Seattle
Join the afterparty in Jefferson Park after the hike at 3pm!
CAGJ is proud to announce 2013's Food Justice Urban Hike-a-thon on Beacon Hill. Hikers will help us get a copy of our book “Our Food, Our Right” in every library and independent bookstore in the country!
This year's Hike-a-thon will be a guided exploration of Beacon Hill's social justice and food justice landscape, highlighting the historical and ongoing resistance of folks on the Hill, folks reclaiming land to grow food on, people of color-owned food businesses, the Beacon Hill Food Forest, all with a critical eye on the gentrification of the Hill.
Hikers pledge to raise $50 from their community, and can also assemble a team of friends, families, co-workers, and more to participate (or donate to meet their fundraising pledge) in a Hike-a-thon through Beacon Hill.
Donate!- Want to contribute to an individual hiker or team?
- Click "Donate to a Fundraiser" above.
- Select the individual or team you want to donate to.
- Follow given instructions to fill out your billing information, etc.
- THANK YOU
Start a Team! - Want to hit the trail with a friend, partner, comrade, buddy, family, group, or more? Start your own team, and make a bigger impact for food justice. You and others on your team will pledge to each raise $50 by reaching out to your community — every $10, $15, $20 goes to support great work - getting us leaps and bounds closer to our fundraising goal, as you embark on the urban hike with your team.
To get started with your own team of hikers:
- Click "Create Your Fundraise" above
- Click "Start Your Own Fundraiser"
- Fill out the fields with your Team Name and other options to start your own fundraising page for your team & members - under "Amount of Money You Hope to Raise" enter at least $50 x # of Team Members
- Start asking for small donations to meet your $50 goal and get together new team members
- We'll send you a toolkit with recruitment materials for team members and donors
All team members will receive some great swag when they sign in on June 15th- and every Team will receive one copy of the forthcoming edition of Our Food, Our Right: Recipes for Justice once it's published!
Individuals - Solo hikers pledge to raise $50 to participate in the event and do the hike on June 15th. Reach out to your community—every $10, $15, $20 goes to support great work!
To get started as an individual:
Click "Create Your Fundraise" above
Click "Start Your Own Fundraiser". You are a team of 1, essentially.
- Fill out the fields with your own options to start your own fundraising page - under "Amount of Money You Hope to Raise" enter at least $50
- Click "Ask for donations" and invite friends and family to visit your fundraising page and start collecting donations to reach your $50 goal!
- We'll send you a toolkit with recruitment materials for donors too
Everyone who reaches their goal will get some great swag when they sign in on June 15th to start the amazing route and fun activities we have planned.
Can't hike, but want to donate and don't know any of the hikers or Teams below? Just pick one of the lucky Teams below to lend your support to and help them meet their goals!