BENEFITING: Urban Initiatives
Members of Team Urban Initiatives will raise funds in support of Urban Initiatives’ programming at Nathanael Greene Elementary school in McKinley Park. As a member of Team Urban Initiatives, you'll serve as a positive role model for the children we work with by promoting the rewards of physical fitness, personal commitment, and hard work. Team Urban Initiatives runners will raise a minimum of $1,000 for Urban Initiatives' Work to Play team at Greene.
Your fundraising will help sponsor the 35 children on Greene’s team for the entire 2014-2015 school year, providing the players with quality coaching, nutritious snacks at games and practices, game day and field trip busing, and a safe playing space.
In exchange for your commitment, you'll receive the following benefits:
- A guaranteed entry into the Bank of America Chicago Marathon ($1,000 fundraising commitment) if you register with Urban Initiatives before April 7 or before we run out of guaranteed spots
- Free 18-week training with CARA (Chicago Area Runners Association)*
- Team Urban Initiatives race gear
- A customizable fundraising page
- A fun run and picnic with Urban Initiatives' participants and supporters
- Weekly training and fundraising tips
- And more!
* Free training with CARA is available for all runners who raise at least $1,000.