“Our vision is to enrich the lives of all persons and communities through increasing the play, study, and appreciation of the game of chess.”
USCF Core Values
Education. Chess is an educational tool aiding in the learning of planning, cause and effect relationships, pattern recognition, and research, all key skills for success in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics).
Customer Service. We strive to be responsive, adaptive and pro-active in providing services to our customers, including all necessary follow through to resolve issues.
Excellence. We recognize the value of excellence both in chess as an activity and the services we provide to our customers.
Communication. We will continually inform and be responsive to our members and customers.
Integrity. We respect and maintain good relationships with our customers and stakeholders as well as the game of chess itself.
Accessibility. Chess can and should be enjoyed by individuals regardless of social or economic status or physical or developmental capability.
Love of the Game. Chess is a historic and iconic game, and we celebrate its history, growth and evolution in our activities and services.
Outreach. We work to extend the knowledge and appreciation of chess.
• Expand the knowledge, enjoyment and playing of chess to under-represented segments of society (geography, gender, economic status).
• Educate children, parents, teachers and school administrators on the benefits of chess as a part of a school curriculum and as an extra-curricular activity.
• ‘Grow the game’ by expanding the membership base and increasing the retention of existing members.
• Improve the overall strength and security of the USCF as an organization, including improving finances, internal systems and operations and governance.
• Expand the depth and breadth of chess partnerships with benefactors, other chess stakeholders and the business and civic communities.