PREVENTION SAVES LIVES.
The United States spends far more on health care than any other country, yet we continue to have skyrocketing rates of chronic disease.
- 66 percent of Americans are either overweight or obese.
- Every 34 seconds, someone in the United States has a heart attack—and every second, someone dies from a heart disease-related event.
- 1 in 3 children born today will develop type 2 diabetes.
- 50 percent of Americans will develop Alzheimer’s by age 85.
- 1 in 2 men and 1 in 3 women will get cancer.
The good news is that nearly all of these diseases are preventable. We have the power to take control of our health, and the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine is devoted to research and education on the influence that diet and lifestyle have on our well-being. Put your money where you know it can truly have an impact. Prevention can save lives.
VegRUN is a marathon and half-marathon training program that provides runners with advice, tips, recipes, training plans, and support from professional plant-based athletes and fitness experts. While participants run, they fundraise to support the lifesaving work of the Physicians Committee.
When you donate to VegRUN runners, and ultimately support the Physicians Committee, you will help fund:
- Clinical research analyzing the role of nutrition in health.
- Educational materials that help spread awareness about diet’s role in the prevention of disease
- The Food for Life program—an award-winning program designed by physicians, nurses, and registered dietitians that offers cancer, diabetes, weight management, and kids classes that focus on the lifesaving effects of healthful eating.
- The Healthy School Lunch campaign, dedicated to improving the food served to children in schools by educating government and school officials, food service professionals, parents, and other concerned citizens.
- And much more: www.PCRM.org.
Every donation counts—thank you for your support!