Mental illness affects everyone regardless of age, race, religion, or income. One in four adults will experience a mental health problem in any given year. Join the Vera French campaign and assist us to continue to help those with mental illness see hope for their future. Your efforts will allow us to continue to serve over 10,000 adults and children each year and support programs including:
- The School-Based Services Program which provides access to comprehensive mental health care to children in Scott County schools.
- The Client Needs Emergency Fund provides assistance to clients when unforeseen events happen and they cannot afford the basic needs due to their limited income.
- Vera French Housing Rent Scholarship Program offers individuals with long-term mental illness rent assistance allowing them to have a decent, affordable, safe place to live in our community and a place to call home.
- The Summer Camp Scholarship Program provides children impacted each day with the challenges of mental illness the opportunity to experience summer camp.
- Rick's House of Hope ensures the needs of grieving and traumatized children are not overlooked through a wide spectrum of services.
We could not do this work without you! We invite you to continue to partner with us to stop negative attitudes that create prejudice and look at mental illness through new eyes. Together we can change the lives of those living with mental illness and offer hope and possibilities to the community we serve.