My longest mileage so far. 18 mile run with the world's best team #CESLINCOLNSQUARE . I'm the one with the yellow shoe laces.
September 10, 2017
BENEFITING: Imerman Angels
EVENT DATE: Oct 08, 2017
2015 was a life changing year for me and I will cherish that always... It was the Year I turned 40, became an independent woman and began my weight loss journey. Holy Cow! I learned to drive and bought my first new car that year. I never thought that would be possible but, I DID IT. I continued setting goals all year round and accomplished each one of them.
In January 2016 I began a workout class and I had to run one mile. That one mile felt endless and I was so, out of breathe and shape. I had signed up for a one time only 10-week beginner running program to learn the basics in running. Well, we can’t predict the future but, I had gotten injured before the program started. I still learned the basics in running and began walking intervals for 6 weeks with the program. I wasn’t going to let my injury slow me down. I slowly started walk/run intervals and I was amazed at my progress. I ran my first 5k in April 2016 time 44:02 and I was amazed at my accomplishment. Of course, I couldn’t stop there I had to sign up for the program again “after all I had to beat my time”. I ran my 2nd 5k in August 2016 time 37:02. I didn’t stop there though; I went on to run a back to back 10k and a 15k race. It was time to graduate from the beginner to the advanced running program. With the support and encouragement of my running family I signed up to train for a half marathon.
Wow! 2017 is going to be another great year. I have started the year strong and ran two back to back half marathons. The f^3 Chicago Lake front (Jan 2017) and my first destination race New Orleans Rock’n’Roll Half Marathon(Feb 2017). My goal this year is to run one race a month and one of those races is the Chicago Marathon. To commemorate my life style change at the age of 40, I went ahead and registered for the 40th Anniversary of the Chicago Marathon Sunday, October 8, 2017. Please support me on this great milestone in my life and donate to the charity that I will be running for Imerman Angels.
Many of my friends have lost a sibling, one or both parents to cancer. Imerman Angels match up a cancer survivor or someone that has lost someone to cancer with a mentor Angel. This one to one relationship can give support by answering any questions that one has or just need comfort. Please go on the website to learn more about this great charity. Imermanangels.org
Thank you for visting my fundraising page.
March 1 Update: While the Registration Drawing results for the Bank of America Chicago Marathon were announced in November, it is not too late to get an entry for 2017. You can claim a Guaranteed Entry (with your entry fee of $195 covered) to the Chicago Marathon through Team Imerman Angels (see below). If you secured an entry through the Registration Drawing or Legacy, you can also join the team and receive free training and other amenities. NOTE: Use the promo code, ChicagoComp, to waive the $50 team fee from now until March 31.
Why Imerman Angels?
Imerman Angels is a not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to provide personalized connections that enable one-on-one support among cancer fighters, survivors and caregivers. Participating in the Chicago Marathon with Team Imerman Angels is your opportunity to be the difference for anyone seeking cancer support. In 2016, Team Imerman Angels participants raised over $320,000 and created nearly 900 connections between those impacted by cancer and a Mentor Angel. To learn more about the important work your efforts will support, click Here.
When you join Team Imerman Angels, you receive these great benefits:
- Free Entry into the Chicago Marathon with a Guaranteed Entry ($195 value)
- Complimentary training through Chicago Endurance Sports ($250 value)
- Team Imerman Angels Gear Kit including Asics premium singlet ($38 retail price).
- "Halo Hospitality": VIP Race Day Hospitality at the Congress Hotel (less than 200 meters to the entrance to the Marathon and 400 meters from the Finish Area) for you and your fans (friends and family) including pre and post race food and beverages, massage, and many more amenities.
- Team Imerman Angels - Bank of America Chicago Marathon Commemorative Medal (to go along with your Chicago Marathon Finisher's Medal)
- September Team Imerman Angels Race Singlet Decorating Party with free lettering for your jersey
- Your own customizable, online fundraising page to give your family, friends, co-workers and others an easy way to donate and show their support for you.
- Race Weekend Pasta Dinner at the Congress Hotel.
- Most importantly, the knowledge that you're helping provide one-on-one support to cancer fighters and caregivers - so that no one faces cancer alone.
Click HERE to join the team and to claim your 2017 Chicago Marathon entry.
Contact Dave Louthan (email@example.com or 312.273.1312)