There are no unwounded soldiers.
Wounds come in many forms. Families are torn apart by lengthy recurring deployments. Guilt becomes manifest at not being here or there, or both. Friends you have trained, lived, laughed and bled with are lost in seconds. Many things are lost. Even perhaps, part of your soul.
You can help our Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines heal themselves.
Healing Warriors Program is a 501(c)3 non-profit and Veterans Administration registered vendor assisting with pain and Post Traumatic Stress symptoms by providing Acupuncture, CranioSacral and Healing Touch therapies.
Healing Warriors Program (HWP) relies on private donations from honored contributors such as you and yours.
For every $100 generously donated, our veterans receive more than $300 in healing services. We are devoted to bringing the best service possible to those who willingly serve us all.
“The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
- GK Chesterton
We see the daily news stories reporting on the size of the problems facing our veteran population; these problems not only affect our service members, but our entire community.
Society is marred by problems that plague our Vietnam veterans, and now, we have a new generation of veterans, which is a group unlike any other past veteran. These service members have deployed numerous times into combat zones that are mentally, physically and emotionally shattering.
Our new generation of veterans is coming back with a high incidence of Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs) and Post Traumatic Stress. In many cases, the options for pain management are limited to prescription medications—carrying its own set of physical, mental and emotional ramifications. This is the environment we find ourselves in. This is why the HWP team has stepped up and taken action.
In less than a year, we have provided over 700 clinic sessions and are serving over 115 veterans. In less than a year, we have made an impact on our service member community, with clients coming from all along the Colorado front range and southern Wyoming. In less than a year, veteran clients tell us that this program has changed their lives. And yet, because we are such a young organization, HWP does not yet qualify for most government grants.
We exist solely as a result of our private donors who passionately support the work we are doing. And many of our supporters are VETERANS themselves who see the difference this therapy is making. We are proud of the tremendous impact we have already made in our service member community using every dollar to support our veterans. With no marketing budget, our numbers—700 clinic sessions delivered to date—speak directly to the effectiveness and value of our program. Help us help our Veterans. We need your support for Clinic Sessions so that we can do the work.
- We have 22 service member suicides a day, (http://www.va.gov/opa/docs/Suicide-Data-Report-2012-final.pdf)
- Post Traumatic Stress (PTS) and pain are contributing factors to the suicide rate.
- Healing Warriors Program clinic opened July, 2013, providing services for PTS and pain management.
- Healing Warriors Program supports the family unit. We provide 3 free one-hour sessions for each individual: the Service Member, the partner of the Service Member, the parents, the siblings and children over the age of 18.
- As of May, 2014, we have delivered over 700 clinic sessions, and over 350 sessions at combined Yellow Ribbon post deployment events, the Colorado National Guard Armory in Longmont, and both Denver and Cheyenne, Veterans Administration medical centers
- Healing Warriors Program provides free monthly self-care education and training for veterans and their families for long term wellness lifestyle support.
- We are currently serving over 115 clients.