Village to Raise a Child Projects
Organized by: Village To Raise A Child
Village to Raise a Child is a program established by the Harvard Social Innovation Collaborative (SIC) that identifies and nurtures five young entrepreneurs from around the world. These five students—called “Global Trailblazers”—are invited to come to Harvard to attend and present their ideas at the annual Igniting Innovation Summit, giving them the tools, skills and resources they need to execute their community-based projects.
This year, we have selected five amazing young entrepreneurs whose projects you can help fund through this crowdrise page. Here are our Global Trailblazers:
- Georgia Gabriela Sampaio, Brazil, hopes to create an inexpensive and non-invasive diagnostic method for endometriosis. View a video of this project here.
- Kavindya Thennakoon, Sri Lanka, created a sustainable community-driven development solution that has been piloted in 5 villages and currently provides educational services to over 200 children. View a video of this project here.
- Rastraraj Bhandari, Nepal, developed Education Beyond Borders, a youth initiative to provide a better education to the students in public schools by making educational and informative videos. View a video of this project here.
- Raissa Muller, Brazil, developed a material that works like a selective sponge to contain oil spills. View a video of this project here.
- The PhilApp Team, Philippines, is developing a paperless, online, all-encompassing framework that aims to unify and concretize the college application process in the Philippines. View a video of this project here.
To learn more about the 2014 Global Trailblazers, visit this page. We thank the Coca-Cola Company for their generous support in funding these students' airfare and personal expenses for the program.