BENEFITING: AURORA WARMS THE NIGHT INC
Ways to Volunteer
• Activation Volunteers: Serve on an as needed basis in the winter when weather is forecasted to be below 20 degrees that evening. Volunteers register our guests for motel vouchers and hand out cold weather kits in our office. Volunteers that serve on days of activation will get an email or phone call from me the day before we activate (when weather is forecasted to reach 20 degrees or below for the night). Volunteers on those days serve in our office from 12:00pm - 4pm, or any amount of time that works for you starting at noon.
• Administrative Volunteers: Help in our front office with data entry, newsletters, marketing, mailings, and filing. This can be flexible with your schedule Mon-Thurs from 9am-3pm, or sometimes working on a project from your home.
• Cold Weather Kit Volunteers: Make a positive difference by collecting donated items and help assemble kits in our office. Cold weather kits can be assembled in our office by appointment, or if you want to do a drive, that would is always much needed because we often run low on supplies, due to number of our clients.
Other ways to help
Aurora Warms the Night relies on donations to help make our programs possible. If you are able to donate any of our needed items, we would be very grateful for your support.
Donated items needed for our Cold Weather Kits. Donations accepted as kits or items donated separately
• Food Kits: In one quart size zip lock bag: Canned food with pull tabs (soups, mac and cheese, etc.), fruit cup, hot chocolate, granola bars, oatmeal, plastic cups, bowls and silverware.
• Toiletries Kit: shampoo, soap, razors, toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, women’s hygiene products, toilet paper.
• Clothing donations: blankets, coats, gloves, scarves, hats, and backpacks.
• Cash donations: Checks payable to Aurora Warms the Night, or donate online at www.aurorawarmsthenight.org
Thank you for your interest in helping preserve the life, healthy and stability of Aurora’s homeless men, women and children.