BENEFITING: URBAN ZEN FOUNDATION
EVENT DATE: Jun 07, 2011
OPERATION WARRIOR WELLNESS is an initiative created through the partnership of Urban Zen Foundation (UZ) and David Lynch Foundation (DLF). It uses Transcendental Meditation and Integrative Therapies (UZIT) to treat Post Traumatic Stress Disorder in US veterans.
- Click Here to Read the incredible impact of our therapies.
- Click Here to Purchase Tickets for Operation Warrior Wellness.
- Click Here to Watch the live-broadcast at 7:30 PM:
THE IMPACT OF YOUR DONATION:
- $25 provides soldier with a bottle of essential oil.
- $50 provides half-hour session of integrative therapy for soldiers.
- $100 provides full hour session of integrative therapy for soldiers.
- $1500 provides soldier with personalized instruction in Meditation.
Raising the goal of $30,000 will help cover the annual expenses of instructors, therapists, designing, gathering, accessing research and continued support for veterans and their loved ones.
If ever there is a moment to reflect on the extreme peril and amazing selflessness of our soldiers, I believe now is certainly an opportune moment. Statistics from the Veterans Administration show that more soldiers have died from the trauma of combat in Iraq and Afghanistan than in battle. Since 2001, over 400,000 veterans have been diagnosed with PTSD, with 18 veterans committing suicide each day.
This is why my partnership with the David Lynch Foundation in Operation Warrior Wellness is so important. Your help and donations will be highly inspiring and groundbreaking for veterans and their loved ones who are struggling with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
On June 7, DLF and UZ will be launching this outreach as at the Urban Zen Center in Greenwich Village, New York. Please join us at the Center and on Livestream.