BENEFITING: SPARROW HEALTH SYSTEM
EVENT DATE: Aug 25, 2012
There are a few specific and simple ways to get involved with this year's Waverly Soccer Alumni Game (which is scheduled to take place on August 25 at an hour TBD):
1. Donate to our cause (Sparrow Hospital's Cancer Center and Hospice Service Department): http://www.crowdrise.com/WaverlySoccerAlumniGame/fundraiser/jimmyschneidewind
2. Ask your family and friends to donate! Donate yourself!
3. Sign up to play in the game! You can do this by emailing Josh Gladney at email@example.com
4. Sign up to help with the BBQ that will immediately follow the game(s). We need people who can barbecue, donate food and condiments, and provide a grill. Email Josh Glady at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how you can help.
5. Spread the word of the fundraising and game to other alumni of the Waverly soccer program.
6. Donate to our cause!!!!!!!!! http://www.crowdrise.com/WaverlySoccerAlumniGame/fundraiser/jimmyschneidewind
Read below to find out more about this year's alumni game.
New-school versus old-school. Present against past. Youth confronts experience. Once a year, these contrasting styles meet on the battle field for a clash of epic and mythical proportions in the legendary Waverly Soccer Alumni Game (WSAG). All alumni of the Waverly high school soccer program are welcome, nay, obliged, to report for duty on August 25 at the sacred grounds where Waverly’s soccer field lies in order take on the new guard of Waverly soccer in the latest chapter of the WSAG chronicles.
This year, we will put a new spin on the WSAG by adding a fundraising component; an initiative we hope will become part of the the WSAG tradition. In this, the inaugural year of fundraising, we are proud to present all of our donations to the Sparrow Health System with half of all donations being earmarked for Sparrow Hospital’s Cancer Center and the other half for Sparrow’s Hospice Service.
In the past year, Rufus Gladney and Ann Schneidewind, two parents of Waverly soccer alums, passed away due to complications from cancer. Sparrow’s Cancer Center and hospice department were chosen as this year’s fundraising recipients because of the pivotal role they played in helping Rufus and Ann get the care they needed to live as well as the compassion and resources they needed to pass on in a dignified and peaceful manner.
Please help us honor the memories of Rufus, Ann, other parents of Waverly soccer alumni that have passed of cancer or have made use of hospice services, and anyone else that has benefited from the services offered by Sparrow Hospital by participating in this year’s WSAG and donating to our fundraising campaign.
Join us after the game for barbecue, conversation, nostalgia, and trash talking between players.
You can sign up to play in this year's WSAG, or volunteer to help with the post-game barbecue by barbecuing or donating barbecue food by emailing Josh Gladney at email@example.com.
Click here to learn more about Sparrow Hospital's Cancer Center.
Click here to learn more about Sparrow Hospital hospice services.