EVENT: WCC Half Marathon
EVENT DATE: Apr 06, 2014
Hello family and friends,
I am excited to be participating in The Whitin Community Center Half Marathon taking place this April! The Whitin Community Center provides numerous free or deeply discounted programs within the community. Funds raised through this WCC Half Marathon Training Program will help ensure these programs continue. Examples of these community programs are:
- Provide significantly discounted programs for seniors.
- Provide significantly discounted programs for people with developmental and physical disabilities including special education students from local schools and organizations.
- Provide work experience programs for developmental disabled young people.
- Collect donations for area food pantries, military care packages, and toys for tots programs organized by local veterans groups.
- Provide donations and raffle items for local police, fire, and school events and fundraisers.
These are just a few examples of what the Community Center offers. Please support my effort to help the Whitin Community Center continue to provide these important and valuable programs to our community! Any amount helps...thank you for your support.