BENEFITING: LIGHT BEARERS OF THE WORLD
This is our MASSIVE EFFORT to get GMO-OMG and/or Genetic Roulette documentaries into the masses - we will purchase a large bulk quantity of those DVDs and get them out into people's hands and on their televisions every way possible:
- at our tabling events in grocery stores like Mothers Market
- potential giveaways like in participating organic restaurants and grocery stores like Whole Foods and Mothers Market - DVDs to be included, complimentary, one per customer at a checkout
- giving or sending free copies of these DVDs to every grocery store and restaurant manager in Orange County (in a custom-designed GMO-Free OC branded mailer with a professionally designed note inside introducing the film and the issue.)
- Partner with Food and Water Watch, Label GMOs, Organic Consumers Association, and Center for Food Safety to potentially send these DVDs direct-mail to as many of their supporters as possible
- distributing them at Irvine Global Village festival, OC Fair, and other events
- reserving a booth in high-traffic outdoor malls like Irvine Spectrum and Fashion Island and staff it for an entire day
- mail Genetic Roulette DVDs to media correspondents everywhere - Jenna Bush and Chelsea Clinton to start with
- freely sharing them with our friends and family
- In addition, this action will include the purchase of our business cards, car magnets, and GMO-Free bracelets to be packaged and included with the DVD packages for tabling events
If you ask any of us who are active in this movement, what got you this deeply involved, most of us will answer - "I saw this great documentary, and I just HAD to do something about this!". We know that picture is worth a 1000 words, and this is our most exciting effort so far to open public's eyes on a massive scale. When critical and enlightening documentaries like GMO-OMG or Genetic Roulette come out, the amount of people they actually reach is a mere fraction of what a heavily-promoted hollywood production, or a network-produced special or series do. Since most of our politicians and mass media has ignored this critical issue for over 17 years now (GMOs have been officially introduced into our food supply in 1996), we the people are now the media. The issue is too far-reaching and serious to be ignored any longer. We want to take these brilliantly-produced films beyond a few screenings and a late release into Netflix (lost among 1000s of other documentaries) and give them the attention and exposure they deserve.
Also, to clarify: Why the DVDs and not just links to youtube versions or trailers for these films? Because a physical retail-packaged DVD is more special than a youtube link, and when people receive a free copy of a film with no hassle, or selling, or asking to sign up for something in return, they will appreciate it and will be more likely to actually watch it on their televisions. Besides the fact that entire family can watch them more conveniently on their TVs as opposed to a single personal computer.