BENEFITING: MUSTARD SEED COMMUNITIES INC
“In truth I tell you, in so far as you did this to one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did it to me” (Matthew 25:40).
Dear Mustard Seed Family and Friends,
This past May, a team of professionals and therapists discovered that new residents at Mustard Seed Communities are without wheelchairs, that many have outgrown their old wheelchairs, and that others are using wheelchairs in need of repair.
The lack of pavement, climate, and physical terrain in Jamaica significantly wears on the wheelchairs. Wheelchairs can only enhance a user’s quality of life if all parts of the chair are working well. If the chair is broken, it no longer provides adequate support to the user, and can often cause more harm than good.
Thanks to one of our amazing volunteers, 80 refurbished custom wheelchairs are being donated for the residents of MSC homes, but we still need repair parts.
● November 2015: Container of new chairs and wheelchair parts ship to Jamaica
● February 6-13 2016: A professional team will travel to deliver new chairs and repair existing chairs. Since new equipment has been built for specific residents and needed repairs have been identified, the team will be able to work in an efficient and systematic manner.
How can you help?
We need your generosity, support, and prayers to help raise the $12,000 needed to purchase repair parts.
● Spread the word to your fellow MSC friends and family on social media.
● Share our campaign link with family and friends via email with a personal message on why you’re supporting.
● Give and pray. Every little bit counts.
Thank you so much for being a part of this tremendous effort. These residents are living day to day with the conditions they were born into. Our purpose is simple - they are the least of our brothers and sisters, and they deserve love, comfort, and health. Please help us help them!
Thank God for the blessings and joy you have received from giving food to the hungry and drink to the thirsty; from making strangers welcome, providing clothes for the poor and visiting the sick and imprisoned. Thank God for giving you the ability to experience the love of Christ through all those you serve!
- Msgr. Gregory Ramkissoon; Founder, MSC