Sonny Hong via Crowdrise
May 23, 2014
BENEFITING: HEARAID FOUNDATION INC
EVENT DATE: Jun 07, 2014
WILDCARD 49-MILE ULTRARUN BENEFITING HEARAID FOUNDATION
On June 7th, I will be running 49 miles, from Palos Verdes to Laguna Niguel, to raise $49,000 for HearAid Foundation. I will finish my run at the Wildcard 5K Family Fun Run/Walk, where everyone can run my final 3.1 miles with me.
"Wildcard" stands for Nixon Wildcard Hunter. Nixon was one of HearAid Foundation's youngest recipients of hearing aids. He enjoyed a few months of being able to hear his loving parents but because too many things were stacked up against him, he unfortunately passed away at only 8 months of age. Read more about Nixon's story.
My name is Sonny Hong. I'm a father of two little girls and have the fortune to be married to an amazing audiologist who made me understand how important hearing is to people. Hearing is one of those things we take for granted, but as soon as you lose it you realize how crucial it is to connect with your family and friends. Through the works of HearAid Foundation, I was privileged to witness the transformative power of the gift of hearing.
Nixon's brave fight and his parents’ love for him are the inspirations for this 49-mile Wildcard Ultrarun, and have been a huge inspiration during my training. Please help me support HearAid's effort to bring hearing to people in our community.
I love running. It feeds my soul and helps me connect to important things in life. I am training to run 49 miles on June 7th, close to my 49th birthday, to raise awareness of the importance of hearing and to raise funds – $49,000, in fact – to help people hear through HearAid Foundation. 49 miles is an awfully long distance to run, but it pales in comparison to the struggles that millions with hearing loss face on a daily basis. I wanted to honor their struggles with something that will be difficult for me to achieve. I've run several marathons and one 50K, but 49 miles will undoubtedly be a real challenge. I hope that my endeavor at this "ripe old age" can inspire others to go beyond their preconceived limits and in the process maybe lift others.
This is your opportunity to help me raise $49,000. Please donate or sponsor a mile or two to help someone find the joy of hearing that most of us take for granted.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
This is your opportunity to help. There are many ways to do so.
1) Donate any amount right now. (Click the big orange button to the right.)
2) Sponsor a mile… or ten (Perfect for corporations! See below.)
3) Register to finish my run with me at the Wildcard 5K Family Fun Run. (See below.)
4) Support me on the day. (I need pacers to run portions of the route with me, as well as recharge stations and general cheering on. Email me to volunteer.)
WILDCARD 5K FAMILY FUN RUN/WALK THE SAME DAY:
The final 3.1 miles of my run will coincide with the Wildcard 5K Family Fun Run/Walk, where everyone is welcome to come out and support HearAid Foundation. The Wildcard 5K Family Fun Run/Walk is a way for my run to turn into your run; for my purpose to link arms with your purpose. I will be tuckered, but I expect the last 3.1 miles of my 49 will be the best miles of my day. Please join me by registering for the Family 5K Family Fun Run/Walk today!
WILDCARD ULTRARUN CORPORATE SPONSORSHIP:
Corporate sponsorship is still available. I am requesting $1,000/mile sponsorships. Your corporate logo will be prominently displayed on my shirt for the mile(s) you sponsor. I will be running through heavily populated areas in Southern California coastal communities, joined by the press at various stops. The run will also be featured in the May issue of Marmalade Magazine, a premier family magazine serving Orange County. There are several levels of Corporate Sponsorship:
1. Wildcard Sponsor: 1-5 mile sponsorship
- Your logo displayed on Sonny's shirt on the mile(s) of your sponsorship
- Your logo displayed on various marketing materials for the Wildcard 5K Family Fun Run/Walk
- VIP invitation to pre-run dinner for 2 people
2. Gold Sponsor: 6-10 mile sponsorship
All the above plus:
- Your company literature/products/samples can be distributed at the companion Wildcard 5K Family Fun Run/Walk
- VIP invitation to pre-run dinner for 4 people
3. Platinum Title Sponsor: 10-mile+ sponsorship
All the above plus:
- VIP invitation to pre-run dinner for up to 8 people
- Your logo will be displayed prominently on all marketing and event materials. Links to your company site will be provided wherever possible
- Your logo will be displayed on event banners and posters as the Title Sponsor
CURRENT CORPORATE DONORS
Mile 1 Isagenix
Mile 2 Isagenix
Mile 3 Isagenix
Mile 4 Isagenix
Mile 5 Isagenix
Mile 6 Isagenix
Mile 7 Isagenix
Mile 8 Isagenix
Mile 9 Isagenix
Mile 10 Isagenix
Mile 13 Anonymous
Mile 14 Anonymous
Mile 15 Anonymous
Mile 16 Anonymous
Mile 17 Anonymous
Mile 18 Anonymous
Mile 21 Davidson Family Fund
Mile 23 Payden & Rygel
Mile 24 Marmalade Magazine
Mile 30 Gated Distribution
Mile 31 Rosenburg Family
Mile 33 Albert & Ivy Shohet
Mile 39 In Memory of Jack Chen, MD
Mile 41 Huang Family
Mile 46 Shohet Ear Associates
Mile 47 Shohet Ear Associates
Mile 48 Shohet Ear Associates
Mile 49 Wildcard Army
There are still opportunities to support this great cause! But hurry - space is filling up fast! Email me to set up your corporate sponsorship today!